Habitat for Humanity of Highland County is searching for a dynamic individual to serve as the face of the organization! If you are a leader who wants to make a difference in their community and in the lives of those who live there, we want to speak with you! If you are interested and want to learn more about this exciting role, please email a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board President
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: Negotiable, depending upon experience
Habitat for Humanity of Highland County is a faith-based organization that partners with people in Highland County to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families.
The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors for the financial, operational, and administrative management of Habitat for Humanity of Highland County. The Executive Director accepts the objectives and policies set by the board, in addition to, the covenant, mission and vision of Habitat for Humanity and is a leading spokesperson and advocate for the organization and affordable housing across the service area.
Required Skills and Education:
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time. • Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to speak in public, effectively sharing the mission and vision in the community. • Works effectively and comfortably within and among diverse populations. • Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. • This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to pass background checks.
• Experience in a leadership or management role.
• Scheduling and planning.
General Job Duties:
• Act as Administrator responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s operations. This includes the ReStore, construction or projects, volunteer engagement, fundraising, public relations, & Facebook page & Website updates.
• Answering and responding to emails, phone calls, and Facebook messages. • Record keeping and documentation of Mortgage payments and monthly utility bills. • Regular communication and correspondence with CPA.
• Recruit and retain high performing and engaged volunteers. Create a culture of inclusion among ReStore Volunteers.
• Clearly communicate to the Board of Directors the activities, successes, and challenges of the organization.
• Assist the Board in making fundamental decisions, setting policies, preparing strategic plans including long and short-term goals for developing the organization’s programs and services.
• Actively participate in once a month Board Member meetings.
• Assist the Board President in the creation of Meeting agendas, supporting reports, and documents.
• Other duties as assigned.